Omg cupcakes!!! Yes, those pretty mini cakes. The soft sweet spongy cake with the oh! So colourful creamy and delightfully tasty frosting makes both the young and old go crazy. Contrary to birthday cakes, cupcakes have risen up to popularity.
There is so much that you could do with cupcakes today with all the information available on the internet that making your own cupcake is a breeze. The delight you could spread among your family and friends is limitless. Just be creative in your own way and you will be surprised what you could turn out with the tools and DIY kits available today. Just let your mind float in a world of creative bliss and turn out the most amazing mini cake yourself.
Cupcakes are so easy to make that you will find yourself including them in most menus. Today it’s much easier to serve cupcakes at birthday parties than the traditional cake. Also if it’s your kid’s birthday and she is a hello kitty fan then you could make her happy by easily serving a whole hello kitty face to each cupcake.
Making your own cupcake is so much easier today with all the ready mixes and decorations available which you could order online.
No longer do cupcakes have to be boring with just sprinkles. Here are three ideas to help you throw a themed party for your child with easily prepared cupcake decoration tips:
- It is a good idea to learn to make your own cupcakes. It’s much easier and less complicated than making the standard cake. You even have cupcake makers to bake your cupcake instead of the larger oven, and these could be purchased relatively cheaper than an oven. Learn the basic techniques in making and frosting cupcakes first and once you have got the hang of it you could experiment with more advanced methods.
- Always make small batches till you are sure you can handle a bigger batch. This way you will not waste too much material and also save money. Cupcakes could be used for any occasion, be it a birthday party, wedding or for that matter just a tea party.
- You could make vanilla, chocolate or a more complex rainbow cupcake to suit the occasion. There is also the hugely popular red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. So you see there is no limit to what you can do with cupcakes. Try making them, who knows it will bring out the hidden talent in you!
- Cupcake kits are available in different themes, from superman to carebears. Included in these kits are the picks to decorate the cupcakes with, as well as a cardboard display, stand for the cupcakes to sit on. This is nice because it offers a colourful display with fairly little work.
- Cupcake trees, also known as a dessert stand, this is a great item to have in your cabinet for various occasions. They come in at least three different sizes, with 3-5 tiers. Decorate the cupcakes for any theme, and all you have to do is arrange them in the stand. Another easy idea is to use pudding cups, whether you use store-bought or make your own, topped with whipped cream. Pull out the stand at any party and fill some clear plastic punch cups with nuts, mints, and colourful candy for useful decorations on your buffet or snack table.
If the birthday gal or boy has a particular inclination towards fandom or themes, you may try to decorate the cupcakes based on them. Let’s say the birthday is for a sports fanatic, try decorating a sports-themed batch of cupcakes. The idea is to make a football or soccer field, complete with players, out of cupcakes. After decorating your cupcakes with white icing, spray with a green food colouring spray. You can also colour the icing green with regular colouring if you prefer. On top of each cupcake, place a pick with a sports team member on it. Arrange the cupcakes to make a field, and on each end set up goals made from pipe cleaners.
Cupcakes are a great way to cut down on stress during a hectic birthday party. No cutting is required and, most importantly, quicker distribution, so your kids can “party on!”